Are you fond of the great smell of essential oils? Do you look for articles and tutorials that can help you learn how to make the essential oils? If you answered yes to these questions, you are in the right place.
Essential oils could be expensive, which is why it would be a good idea to make your very own at home. You can enjoy the aroma and can take advantage of the various benefits at an affordable price.
What Is Essential Oil?
Essential oils are concentrated oil that has the aroma of the plant. You must have seen the essential oils as an ingredient of perfumes and cosmetics. You must know the aromatherapy since it uses the essential oils. The aromatherapy leaves a calming effect on your mind.
How to Make Essential Oils at Home
Steam distillation can help you make the essential oils. There are various other methods to make essential oils, such as expression and extraction. But these are expensive, thus, making one at home would be the most viable option. To make the essential oils at home, consider the following steps:
- You will need olive oil, ceramic cork/glass container, strainer, glass container, and botanical plant of your choice.
- First, select the botanicals of your choice, for example, rose, or lavender, based on your preferences.
- Invest in a ceramic crock. If you don’t have one, you can use a glass container.
- Immerse the choice of your botanicals in the ceramic cork. It should be 100% immersed in olive oil.
- Let the mixture set in the ceramic cork for 24-48 hours. If you wish you can cover it, especially if you want to repel the bugs. However, it is okay to leave it open.
- After a day or two, pour this mixture in the strainer. Strain it well but use a different bowl for this purpose.
- You can add more botanicals to this mixture and leave it again for 24-48 hours.
- Repeat the above process again. Pour the mixture in a strainer, it would be better to use a different bowl. Smell the mixture, if you feel you have the desired aroma, it is okay to skip the next steps.
- If you don’t get the desired aroma, you can place more botanicals in the mixture and leave it for a day or two. Strain it again in the strainer. This time you might get the desired strong aroma.
- Finally, when you get the desired aroma, store the essential oil in a glass container.
Now, you can store it in a cool dark place. Make sure you have the desired results! That’s how you make the essential oils from olive oil and botanical plants of your choice.
Different Uses of Essential Oils
You can use essential oils for a variety of purposes:
- Essential oils can be used in perfumes. It would be best to use it for the aromatherapy, as it can leave a lasting impression on your mind.
- Essential oils are used in skincare and medicine.
- You can use it for inhalation as it can help you with anxiety and migraine. You can use a diffuser for this purpose. You can add a few drops of essential oils in the diffuser.
- You can apply it topically in case of a bug bite or a burn. However, be very careful about the concentration. If you are buying it from the market, consider it getting from a reputable source.
- If you are preparing essential oils at home, you can use these in the home cleaning products.
- You are likely to feel emotionally strong on inhaling the essential oils. The aroma can remind you of a beautiful memory from your childhood.
- You can use essential oils for disinfection and healing.
Making essential oils at home can save you a lot of money. It is easy to make it at home using olive oil and a botanical plant of your choice. The process is quite simple and once you get the desired aroma, you can store the essential oils of your choice in the glass container. There are many uses of essential oils, for example, you can apply it topically, use it for aromatherapy, use it for home cleaning products and so much more.